Check out my socks!! Aren’t they obnoxious? I love them…. I went into the gym this morning, with a goal in mind for my performance on the 13.2 workout. I walked out of the gym having smashed that goal….by almost another full round. Looking back, I think I could’ve pushed myself harder and finished out round 6, but I’m not displeased with my performance this morning! I’m actually pretty proud! So naturally, I went to grab food with some folks from the gym…..duh! I had a crazy delicious gluten-free cinnamon roll and some insane corned beef hash. SO GOOD! Not paleo, sue me. I’d earned it though! So now I’m just kicking it, on my couch, letting my belly and my body recover from this morning!
Exciting news in the world of PaleoMeister…….I put my first shirt order in this morning! Can’t wait for people to be sporting my gear!! I think it automatically just makes you sexier, but I might be a wee bit biased. Regardless, I can NOT say thanks enough to the folks that ordered a shirt. It truly means so much to me that you believe in either me or what I’m doing enough to rep my brand. HECK YES! Ooooh! Also, my 25 pound box of almond flour showed up on my doorstep yesterday. Can’t freaking WAIT to get started into that bad boy!!! It is taking up a major portion of my freezer and fridge right now….seriously, I need to invest in a chest freezer. And yes, I realize that it totally looks like I’m slangin’ drugs…..soooooo funny! That, my friends, is six, yes SIX gallon sized bags full, plus my regular container that stays in my fridge…..it’s insane!!
This past week, I’ve been MAJORLY craving sugar and Thursday I finally caved and made some avocado pumpkin pudding. It was STUPID delicious. I promise, it looks absolutely disgusting, but it is ridiculous…..try it! Don’t let the name or the thought of flavor combos scare you. I promise you won’t be disappointed!! SEE!! It looks (and tastes) magical!
Avocado Pumpkin Pudding
- 2-3 ripe avocados, seeded and cut into small pieces. You want to use SOFT ones so they blend better, so get the ones that are really ripe (I used 2.5 avos, because that’s what I had around my kitchen)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or sunbutter)
- 4-5 tablespoons raw honey (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (more if you want it more chocolate-y)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
***You can do this either in a large mixing bowl, or in a food processor. If you want it really smooth, I’d use the food processor. Just dump all ingredients in the processor and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides a few times. If you are cool with it having some texture and still having some bits of avocado, use the bowl. I used the bowl.***
- In a large mixing bowl, smash your avocados until they are a smooth paste.
- Stir in your pumpkin and almond butter.
- Add in your honey and cocoa powder.
- Sprinkle in your salt and cinnamon.
- Taste it. If you want it a little sweeter, add some more honey. More chocolate-y? Add in more cocoa powder. Just be sure to add it slowly and mix well with each addition.
- Let it sit in the fridge for an hour to let the flavors really come together.
- Smash! And then hide the remainder in the the back of the fridge so you don’t eat it all in one sitting. Seriously, I’ve done it. It’s insanely good!!!
I really hope you like this as much as I do! If you can get past the fact that you are eating avocados and chocolate, it’s crazy good. I was a pudding fiend in my former life, so this is a REALLY good fix for me! Be looking for another chocolate treat in the next couple of days!! I’ve got a terrible sweet tooth, due to that magical week of the month…..so I’m trying out a Chocolate Hazelnut pie recipe for tomorrow. Eek!! Sending chocolate sugar craving love your way!!