As I type this, there are 5 dozen freshly baked Paleo chocolate chunk cookies sitting on my counter….straight from the oven. My mouth is literally watering and all I can think about is the smell of those damn cookies! But on the upside, I haven’t had ANY of them…..so I’m sticking to my Whole30! Boom. Those broads at the baby shower tomorrow better eat every single last one of those cookies…..otherwise I’m giving them away. There is NO way they are coming back into my house! I’m not sure I could resist any longer….
This weekend was completely insane. Yesterday was packed full of a great “mystery” workout, a fabulous nutrition seminar, some lunch with a rockin’ crew, then a wedding with a group of people I haven’t seen in WAY too long! Today, I was up entirely too early and hit the ground running! For real, I don’t know what it is lately, but I have been sleeping FANTASTICALLY!! I’m chocking it up to the PurePharma Magnesium/Zinc supplement I started taking. That shit is legit. I’m kind of in love with it. So I was a powerhouse today in terms of getting stuff done. I cleaned my house, planned meals, mowed the lawn, had dinner at my parents’ house, went grocery shopping, and baked those damned cookies. I’m tired just re-reading that. Ugh.
On top of everything, it was abso-freaking-lutely GORGEOUS this weekend! I opened up my entire house, I wore shorts and flip flops, and I got a little bit of color from mowing the lawn. Heck yes. FINALLY! It just better stay this way. Or I’m going to become a stupid sullen teenager over it. So yes. Epic weather, epic weekend, less than epic post. Sorry friends.
I made these salmon patties a while back and they were pretty awesome. I got a little worried because they were kind of crumbly before they cooked, but they held together beautifully! Not to mention they were pretty delicious! Anyways, I made another batch of them to snack on throughout the weekend because I knew it was gonna be crazy, and they got me through like a charm!
I topped mine with some of my homemade red sauce and served them up with some roasted veggies!
- 2 cans salmon drained, get the higher quality stuff without a bunch of extra junk in it (I know it looks totally gross in the can…..just deal with it quickly and break it up, you can do it!)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 10-15 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 5 sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Make sure you incorporate everything well.
- In a deep skillet, melt down 2 tablespoons coconut oil.
- Form your mixture into patties. I got 8 out of mine. You want them to be a little on the thicker side, about 1/2 inch thick so that they don’t fall apart. When forming your patties, be sure they are tightly packed…..or they will crumble!
- Saute your salmon patties in the coconut oil until they get a nice brown crust. It’s about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Plate them up and enjoy!
You can eat these hot, cold, or anywhere in between! In fact, I ate them all three ways this weekend! Just make sure you store your leftovers in the fridge! Here’s to continuing with high productivity and finishing out the first 30 days of my Cancun Challenge strong!!! Peace, Love, and Paleo!